How to Sell Gold to Maximize Your Profit
I assume you have found this site in hope that learning how to sell gold or gold jewelry will make the process more profitable and less mysterious. I can assure you that you have come to the right place and that you are not alone.
When people learn that I have been in the jewelry business for over 30 years, instead of asking me advice about buying jewelry, many of them want to know how to sell gold or their gold jewelry for a fair price. Most of them own gold jewelry they no longer wear or want to keep. They also have what is referred to as “scrap” gold such as broken gold jewelry, single earrings, old watches, rings and anything else that contains gold. This gold can be sold for real cash instead of just sitting in old jewelry boxes taking up space.
There has never been a better time to sort through your possessions and to consider selling your broken or unwanted gold. The price of gold is at an historical all time high. The economy is suffering from a severe recession
(to say the least) and lots of folks are strapped for cash.
A lot of these people will be selling their gold but very few of them will have the know-how that this website will give you. You will learn the Insiders secrets of how to sell gold for top dollar and not a penny less.
You may have noticed the sudden deluge of TV, radio and print ads from companies that want to buy your gold but never tell you what or how they will value it. My advice is to ignore them until you learn how to figure out what your gold is really worth today and then you can sell like a pro.
Which brings me to the point of this site...
If you can invest 15 minutes on this site, I will teach you how to sell gold for the best possible price. I can save you hours of researching and quite possibly put hundreds of more dollars in your pocket. You just have to invest 15 minutes or so in learning the basics of how to sell gold and you will know more than 95% of the people involved in this business.
And, there are no strings attached. I’m giving you this information for free and you can determine how you want to use it.
At today's prices, knowing how to sell gold could help you receive anywhere from 20% to 70% or more for your gold items depending on the price you are paid and where you sell it.
The only way you can ensure you are paid a top price for your gold is:
Knowledge is power, and in this case, knowledge can make you a lot of extra money.
- Understand the easy steps in the process
- Know exactly what your gold is worth
- Know how to compare the various “offer” prices for your gold
For example, if you only have 1 ounce of 14k gold, (maybe a couple of chains, a ring and some broken earrings), knowing my easy system could mean being paid $100 to $300 or more for the same exact items than you would otherwise receive by relying blindly on gold buyers to pay you a fair price.
You simply must understand how to sell gold to avoid being under paid. If a 15 minute investment of you time is worth $100 to $300 or much more, please read on.
Teaching you everything you need to know how to sell gold will include showing you how to figure out what kind of gold you have, how much gold you have, and what a fair price for your gold should be.
I will walk you through a few simple conversions and calculations you need to understand, and provide you with some worksheets so you can make sure you understand each step of the process. Don’t worry these worksheets are not difficult to use and pretty soon you’ll be bragging to your friends about what a great deal you got on your old broken gold jewelry.
In addition, the next time you buy any items made of gold, you will know more about how to buy or sell gold jewelry than 95% of the people that sell gold in department stores i.e. Macy's, Bloomingdale's mass merchants such as Sears, Kohl's, Wal-mart and wholesale clubs like Costco, Sam's and BJ's.
If you linger here a little longer, you will know almost as much about how to sell gold as most of the people who work in jewelry stores, pawn shops, and gold buying companies.
Unless you were born into the jewelry business or find a job in a jewelry buying office (again, most jewelry sales people do not know what you are about to learn) finding and understanding the information contained in this site can be a difficult, frustrating and a time consuming project.
When I started in the jewelry business over 30 years ago, it took me more than a year of research into the business of buying and selling gold and gold jewelry, to learn what I will teach you in the next few minutes.
So let's get started.
Step 1: What kind of gold do I have?
Tips to determine the purity of the gold I have including a discussion of hallmarks, trademarks, and tests... if you don’t know this information, you will be taken advantage of by many gold buyers
Step 2: How much gold do I have?
Tips to determine the weight of the gold in grams (g), pennyweights (dwt) or troy ounces (toz)... not knowing approximately what your gold weighs and the difference between grams, pennyweights and ounces will cost you financially.
Step 3: What is my gold worth?
Tips to determine the world market price and how it affects what you are paid... we make it easy for you to understand how the world market price of gold relates to the purity of the gold you are selling.
Step 4: What is a fair price for my gold?
All the information you need to determine the fair market price you should receive for your gold. You will be amazed at how much more this is than what most people receive
Step 5: What is the magic question you must ask?
This is the question you must ask anyone who offers to buy your gold. When you understand the question and how to answer it, (whether or not the buyer will answer it) you can sell gold like a pro.
You will also find additional articles listed on the Navigation bar on the left of this page.
These will broaden your knowledge about the entire process of selling gold as well as buying gold jewelry.
- How to Sell Gold Like a Professional
- If you are going to sell gold like a professional and get top dollar, these are the 5 easy steps you need to know.
- Finding Gold Price per Gram
- Knowing how much your gold weighs is just as important as knowing the gold price per gram or pennyweight, and will determine how much you sell your gold for.
- Gold Prices and the Gold Price per Gram
- Determining the gold prices of scrap gold or any other kind of karat gold is a 2 step process. You must never sell gold without first knowing what gold prices are today.
- How Much is Gold Worth Today?
- Okay, we’ve come a long ways and now is the time you need to know how much is gold worth today.
- Selling Gold Jewelry
- When selling gold jewelry or any other form of gold you might own, there is one magic question you must ask that will shift the odds of getting top dollar for your gold:
- Gold Selling Calculators
- I have developed three custom Gold Selling Calculators you can use to help you evaluate the value of your gold, as well as the offers you will receive to buy it.
- Gold Inventory Worksheet
- Use this gold inventory worksheet to list the gold you have by purity. Print out this page and use one worksheet for each purity of gold you own.
- Sell Old Gold
- Here's a great worksheet for you to use when you decide to sell old gold.
- Cash4Gold has become the official poster boy for bad business practices in the gold buying business.
- Scrap Gold Prices
- These are the Gold Price Calculations and Conversions that determine scrap gold prices and how much you will receive for your gold.
- Common Gold Terminology & Definitions
- These are the common gold terminology terms used in the gold buying and jewelry industries.
- Where to Buy Gold
- Knowing how to buy gold is actually more important than knowing where to buy gold We will teach you how, so you will be able to tell where to shop, and how much you should spend
- Sell Your Gold
- This website is all about helping you learn how to sell your gold by knowing its true value so you receive top dollar when you sell.
- Sell Scrap Gold
- Sell Scrap Gold usually refers to karat gold jewelry that is at least 10K and is broken, damaged, or out of fashion and no longer worn.
- How to Sell Gold News
- You just have to invest 15 minutes or so in learning the basics of how to sell gold and you will know more than 95% of the people involved in this business.
- Gram Scales
- We are proud to offer the following selection of gram scales for a variety of weighing applications.